I have about a week left working in the marketing department. It's kind of surreal to think that I will be in the work force in a few years. It's scary. No one really thinks it's ever going to happen to them, ya know?
I have to admit that at first I didn't like it here. I quickly found that the more you get involved, the more you will love Kirkwood. I talked to my good friend Lindsey Aldrich about this. She didn't like it here either until she got involved in student ambassadors... and this year she was the head of the whole ambassador organization. Kirkwood is a wonderful place. The people care about you, it's like a family.
The moral of the story is:
Get involved! My years on the Communique Student Newspaper Staff have been the best of my life.
Love every last second of Kirkwood, it's an experience you will have NO where else!
Get to know faculty and staff, they are some of the coolest people I have ever met!
Lastly, eat at Coffee Talk Cafe, Susan (the owner) is amazing. She makes the best sandwiches! Plus, Kwood students get a 5% discount!
Here are some photos of Ashley Waller and I at our "going away" party in Marketing. We will miss it very much. We love you guys!
1 comment:
Hey, congrats on finishing up at K-wood and good luck out at Iowa. Your articles in Communiqué are conspicuously missing :-(
You are correct, Kirkwood is a great place when you get involved. Susan at the Coffee Talk is great.
Blessings as you continue in your career :-)
~Jesse
Post a Comment